Monday, July 16, 2007

After a long time....

I know it's been quite a while, but I'm finally getting my life organized. (Thanks to GTD and RtM.) So I should be able to post regularly on this blog again.

Okay, where are we?

Well, I finally got a chance to buy Push Magazine. The articles don't say anything I haven't already sensed (although they make good crystallizations), but one of the games included really rocked my world. Mridangam by Shreyas Sampat is a great look at providing complications in a game without everything being based on resolution mechanics. Also, it allows as much room for Push play as it does Pull play. (Thank you Moyra Turkington.)

Wow...oh wow!

Pondering it is giving me the right frame of mind to finally make Scattershot a game not about conflicts between players or disputing rights over who can control play. I want to open it wide open for a playful approach to...well, play. Nothing controlled, nothing apportioned and no disputes foisted by the game itself.

Tall order, I know, but I feel I'm getting closer to it.

In other news, I'm going to open wikis for both The Unseen and Universe 6. Look for them soon!

Fang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home